The Federal Business Council, Inc. (FBC) takes your security seriously and is committed to user privacy. This policy outlines our personal information (PII) and private financial information (PFI) handling practices. If you provide us personal information, we will treat it according to this policy.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you (for instance, your name, address, telephone number, social security number, federal identification number), from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, forms and in other communications to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone or any other means;
- Information about your transactions with us, or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We request information for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested of us; or (2) as permitted by law.
Exhibitors: When you register to exhibit at one of our events, the PII and PFI you provide us is used solely to process your registration for that event and, with your permission, to notify you of future events that may be of interest to you.
Attendees: When you register to attend one of our conferences the PII and PFI you provide is used solely to process your registration for that conference. For those conferences in which FBC is acting as a sub-contractor for the Government to supply on-line registration and fee collection services, the PII you provide on your registration form is forwarded to the managers of the conference within the hosting agency. Only with your prior explicit consent, your basic contact information may be used by us to notify you of future events that may be of interest to you and may be provided to exhibitors to notify you of technology products and services that also may be of interest to you. If you give us permission to use your PII for this purpose, you may withdraw such permission at any time in the future. Any and all PFI you provide is used solely for the purpose of processing your payment of registration fees and any other charges you specifically request and authorize us to charge to you.
We use our best efforts to ensure that no unauthorized parties have access to any of your information. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals and entities who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We currently maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information. We reinforce the company’s privacy and security policy with our employees. Under no circumstances will your PFI be made available to anyone outside of the Federal Business Council, Inc. FBC will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
- We maintain and protect the security of our servers and require user names and passwords to access sensitive data.
- We use industry standard encryption methods to protect your web data transmissions.
- When sending confirmation emails to our clients the credit card number will not be displayed in its entirety. Instead of the entire number, you will only see asterisks and the last four digits of your number.
- Personnel who have access to our database are trained to maintain and secure all information.
- If we determine that a security breach has occurred and that such breach creates a risk of identity theft we will make every attempt to notify you.
- Bind subcontractors with contractual, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
Any request for PII and PFI on this website that falls outside of the scope of this policy will be explained at the time of the request.
What to know about third party services